Saturday 27 November 2021

 Saturday, 27th November 2021


Slightly remixed one of the songs from back in 2019/20:



HEADLIGHTS
I lie above my fallen teeth and crouch under a bed beneath
Cupboards that begin to creak as soon as I start to sleep
I wake and call you on the phone, cables wrapped around my bones
Wires begin coupling to notify the signalmen
Behind bars they sit and wait, sticks balancing empty plates
Someone tunes the radio to a song that we both know
As I sing you start to dance, a hollow victory romance
With nothing we decide to drive, with nothing we can survive
Leaving town and taking notes, ghosts living in empty coats
Keeping warm as prison walls tumble down like waterfalls
Tales and cities flicking screens lighting up like gasoline
And as the car is turning slow I roll down the window
Hearing words come from the street, the wind's telling me a secret
Driving blindly into cars, headlights looking like the stars
Sirens calling in the street, stopping signs is where we meet
In silence we begin to run, off before the starting gun
Head along the waters edge, jumping from the window ledge
Tied up fall into the sea, drowning just like Houdini
Underwater we can fly, up above the surface lies
As the salt turns into our skin, we disappear and merge again

No comments:

Post a Comment