Wednesday 14 September 2016

Wednesday, 14th September 2016

This morning I was walking along the train platform on my way to work and heard the sound of a harmonica ('that's nice, even if it's slightly out of place' I thought), simultaneously I was writing the following thoughts on my phone. Halfway through writing I heard the man playing the harmonica say 'Mobile man, MOBILE MAN, where were you in '69?' in a slightly aggressive, derogatory way, and then walked off and out the station. Whether it was directed at me (which I doubt) or somebody else or other people, I found that fascinating as I was writing something that somebody probably would've thought in 1969 whilst on psychedelics.
I had the feeling of wanting to show this man what I was writing, and that it was actually him that was not being creative, and backwards and cut-off, being drunk at 9am playing harmonica on a train platform while people are going to work and thinking that he was somehow better than everyone else, us 'mobile people'.
Basically: try not to assume that one thing always means the same thing

If ideas could be like stars that have people orbiting them and the bigger the star becomes the more mass and energy they generate.
For Instance work, money, sex - on large scale. 

Other people, and habits effecting your orbit - on a smaller scale.
Ultimate aim is to make yourself into a spaceship, one powering your own direction, so you can travel between worlds; the people that remain fixed in their orbit, whether closely related to business and money, or the arts and exploration etc.
Ultimately I believe it is possible to drag yourself out of the orbit of these planets (people with relatively fixed orbits or 'comet people' - those powerful but fleeting instances that alter your trajectory and life significantly) and stars (lifestyle and daily existence).


Tonight I have been watching Dennis Mckenna, the brother of Terence Mckenna who has influenced my thinking to a large degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment