Sunday 14 February 2016

Sunday, 14th February 2016

Very many happy tines day. What good would forks be without them? If only Richie Valens had cashed in on that, he could've used La Bamba as the advert song.

Here is a playlist I made the other day which I guess could fit for today though it does lean a little to the more bleak side of love. It's good though. Lyrics below.





DONT CALL ME ON THE PHONE
Pretend I'm not at home, act like I'm living,
Seem like I'm busy so you dont think I am leaving
Project all that I see onto the white walls
I want what's best for me and don't know where this love falls
I'm so glad that you are happy and I'm so glad that you care for me but don't call me on the phone
Don't think you are alone, I see them waiting, lined up all down the street and begging though it's raining
If one day they do run dry I'll be a fountain, you can come drink from me but I wont be there queuing
I'm so glad that you are happy and I'm so glad that you care for me, I'm so glad cause you deserve to be happy but don't call me on the phone

WORDS ARE CHEAP
What if I said I was sorry, would it make much sense to crawl
When I've apologised countless times and changed nothing at all?
Inside the dogs are barking, I'm a booze hound on the run
But when I stop and the dust has cleared I see what I have done

Words turn into bullets with shots of alcohol and I'm in a million pieces but I want to be a whole
Do you have two wings I could borrow? I will bring them back in time
You can keep my arrows, I just want to find my mind again

CRAZY FOR YOU (Madonna)
Swaying room as the music starts
Strangers making the most of the dark
Two by two their bodies become one
I see you through the smokey air
Can't you feel the weight of my stare?
You're so close but still a world away
What I'm dying to say is that

I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
I'm crazy for you, crazy for you

Trying hard to control my heart
I walk over to where you are
Eye to eye we need no words at all
Slowly now we begin to move
Every breath I'm deeper into you
Soon we two are standing still in time
If you read my mind you'll see

It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true
I'm crazy, crazy for you

CROWN OF KING LOUIS
You see love on a bus with her face plastered across all the people
And you try to ignore and stare at the floor where your heart lies
And you cannot pick it up without looking like a fool, so you leave it
All abandoned in despair, it climbs the stairs and leaves you

And I cry, I cry, I cry ‘cause we’re alone
And I hide, I hide, I hide behind your throne
But at night, at night I creep down and put on your crown my love

I guess some people in this world are just born with broken hearts
And yes hope can be a wonderful thing but it leaves them feeling emptier

And I cry, I cry, I cry ‘cause we’re alone
And I hide, I hide, I hide behind your throne
And at night, at night I creep down and put on your crown my love

They say: I’ll help you, I’ll help you, I’ll help you forget all of the things you wanted
And they say: I’ll help you, I’ll help you, I’ll help you forget all of the things you loved

HALF TRUTHS
I recall there was a day when you were called my lover
We agreed that you would stay until you found another
Now the time has come and I sit here dressed in stone
And though there's walls around it this heart has no home again

All the pictures you have shown to all your friends and the ones we know
A puzzle solved when pieces fit into all the faces long ago
'Cause you had never looked at me the way you looked at them
And this just goes to show me I guess we were just friends after all

With all the lines I walked along and all the paths I kept to
I realise now I was a fool 'cause this weren't how to get to you
All the lies I told myself and all the truths I spun
Tricked me into thinking that you were the one for me

So go on now and don't look back and I won't look back either
Your image burnt into my eyes will not make me a liar
I may sometimes hold up a piece of mirror to my face
To see if I can still see a figure move away

No comments:

Post a Comment